- We spread the 6 pieces throughout our 12 week term. How do we do this?
- The first week we read a small portion of a biography about the composer. Here is the website for Debussy: http://claude-debussy.com/
- Then we listen to the first piece at least twice.
- We write on our notebook page a small narration of what we learned about the composer and how we feel about the song we listened to. (As everyone is writing I play the piece.)
- I complete a notebook page with everyone. It makes a big difference if you are working with your kids instead of telling them what to do.
- The next two weeks we will listen to the song before we do any group work.
Sunday, March 3, 2013
We are in our third term this year and my oldest asked if she could please pick the composer. How can you say no to that? She picked Claude Debussy. She also picked the six pieces that we will learn about this term. I have made a playlist with Grooveshark and thought I would share the Claude Debussy Playlist: